Skip to main content

Weird Days

 It is turning into the Dog Days of Summer as they say here
  105 I think yesterday, I can't stand the heat. I prefer temperatures in the teens and twenties and I know I am in the minority , but that is Ok because I am used to it. I think my whole life I have been in the Minority because my brain doesn't work like anyone else has seen 
   I had my first therapy session. It was interesting we will see in the long run if it helps or not. Some say it has helped some say it has not. The thing everyone finds most interesting about my symptoms is that when I wake up in the morning it takes me awhile to figure out where and what time period in which I exist. This can be from ten minutes one morning to an hour the next. I wake up wanting and thinking that I am going to visit my grandfather and we are going to watch baseball, That is why I Love baseball He knew it well!, there is a great amount of strategy that goes into it that if not for him I would have never learned,    but the one part that has my psychiatrist and therapist baffled is that I tell them that my mind does not exist where I am, and they cannot understand it, but that is the only way I can explain it. I do not feel at home here.
  Oddly the only place where my mind seems to be at piece is sitting in Maine in the Yellow chair under "Dad's Tree" , That is for family who read this, or when I get towards New England some where, and no one can explain that to me, because they do not know, if asked where my home church was as a child I would say Hudson ave Baptist because that is what comes to mind first. I have been going to Victory Baptist in Kingfisher for more than 30 years, but if you said "home Church" that would not be my first thought.
   As I look back through the years anytime something affected me I did not talk about it I would wear a mask and move on, and maybe my mind is saying you can't move on anymore until things in the past have been dealt with. I do not know where this Road will go, but writing seems to help. No one has to read it. that is not the point. The Point is mental health is important I think for too long we have brushed it aside as someone "Doing things to hurt people" When really it can't be helped. We must remember our brain is a part of our body, which is now cursed yes I have weird days Disengaged Mental days but they must be dealt with, and I do not know how. 
 I am hoping I can get some coping skills from my therapist that will help, but we will see. Sometimes things get harder and harder to share and seen it written down by your own hand by your own mind, but it needs to be so. I see my therapist in a week and a half then my psychiatrist and we will go from there.
 I can tell you not feeling at home is not a fun feeling, but maybe the Dr's can find something that will help. 
   I have been going to a therapist for awhile now, I have been off my site. Too many conversations all at once in my head. I am trying to learn new ways to cope. Some have worked some have not, but the search will continue. As we head into National Dystonia Month.
   Yes I wrote this awhile ago , but I guess I never published it. so here it is 

Comments

  1. Praying for you as always. I’m thankful for the improvements,and I’m praying for help where it is needed. Love and miss you so much. 💙💙

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waking up to A Dystonic Storm

Dystonia is a neurological movement disorder that causes involuntary muscle contractions, leading to abnormal postures and movements. Dystonic storms, also known as dystonic crises, are a rare, except in my family it is quite common, but severe form of dystonia that involve prolonged and intense muscle spasms throughout the body. These spasms can be extremely painful and cause significant physical and emotional distress.  Waking up in the middle of the night to a dystonic storm can be an incredibly traumatizing experience. Believe me!! I will never forget the first one for me. One moment I was lying on the bed just fine, and the next I was twisting and contorting in ways I cannot explain.  The sudden onset of intense muscle contractions can be extremely frightening, leaving individuals feeling helpless and out of control. The pain associated with the spasms can be excruciating, and there is no way to  find relief or comfort.  In addition to the physical symptoms, dystonic storms can al

A Desperate Struggle

This week has been a particularly poor week for me physically and mentally. It started off with the diagnosis of neuropothy last week and it has begun to get worse through this week. I am only going on 2 hours of sleep because  Dystonia, along with many other diseases,  doesn't allow your mind to slow down everything just seems to move faster and faster in your mind as you lie there trying to get some rest, but rest seems to allude me.    I know I am not supposed to dwell on what was, but sometimes that is easier said than done as with most things. I feel trapped in my own head and I cannot seem to get out! I dream of Dystonic storms now. When I am asleep I am dreaming about being awake having a storm, or not knowing where I am, and then ultimately it leads to my waking up and having a storm. I cannot tell you how many times I have been dreaming about having a Dystonic storm only to wake up and find out that it is real. It is very weird for me. This week has been so hot I haven

Stress and the Urge to Run

   One Very new symptom for me to understand was stress. before I got this disease I really did not get "stressed" about things because I didn't understand it. I would go through my day and whatever would happen would happen, and I would leave it at work, and I would come home and my wife would be under stress, and I can remember asking her why? This disease gave me the answer I was looking for in that category.    Things that most people would not consider stress I , or should I say my mental state has caused me to see as stress, and when a Dystonic patient has extra stress added to there daily routine they are likely to feel worse and have more storms. For me any type of argument is hard for me to take if it is real, my brain does not deal with it well, and I do not know if this is the case with my other siblings or if this is just me. I can tell if 2 people are playfully arguing, but when it gets into a heated discussion my body brain goes crazy, and that is when I am